Official Giveaway Rules
1. Eligibility: Electric Bike Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and located in the Territory at the time of entry. Electric Bike Journal employees and family members are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, entrants (and their parents or legal guardians if entrants are deemed minors in the jurisdictions in which they reside) agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on September 1, 2022 and ends when three thousand subscribers for the Jasion EB7 and four thousand subscribers for the Aventon Pace 500 have been achieved on the Electric Bike Journal YouTube Channel (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter:
A. Online Entry: During the Promotion Period, go to the following websites: youtube.com/electricbikejournal; watch the ‘Jasion EB7 Giveaway’ & ‘Aventon Pace 500 Electric Bike Giveaway!’ video, leave a comment letting us know what type of content and eBikes you’re most interested in and how you plan to use it, and subscribe to the channel.
B. Entries which are incomplete, incorrect, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules will be void and will not be entered into the Promotion’s prize drawing. Entries made by any other manner not specifically allowed under these Official Rules will not be entered into the Promotion. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification from the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the person in whose name entry was made.
4. Grand Prize Drawing: On or before April 30th, 2023, for the ‘Jasion EB7 Giveaway’ the Sponsor will randomly select one (1) entrant to be the Grand Prize Winner. The process for random selection and the location of the Grand Prize Drawing will be determined by the Sponsor and the third party randomizer used to select the final winner. Also, the exact date and location of the Grand Prize Drawing are subject to change at the Sponsor’s discretion. The ‘Aventon Pace 500 Giveaway’ will be scheduled when four thousand subscribers have been reached.
5. Notification & Validation of Winners: Potential winners (and/or his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be contacted by email, regular mail, overnight mail, or telephone, and may be required to complete a questionnaire and supply current shipping information. The return of any notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any required documents or information in a timely manner or a determination that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the corresponding prize, and the choosing of an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries.
6. Limitations: Promotion Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; (vi) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules (all such entries will be disqualified); (vii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Promotion, in the administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; (ix) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion or (x) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
7. Modification, Suspension and Termination: If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, social media mandate, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Promotion, or if this Promotion is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the stated end date of the Promotion Period, the Sponsor may select the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination.
8. Releases: By participating in this Promotion, entrants (and their parents/legal guardians if entrants are minors) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Parties, from and against any liability, loss, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injury, death or damages arising out of participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion; and (c) to waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees, court costs, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each entrant’s (and his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s if entrant is a minor) permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants’ names, photos, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation or notice. .
10. Sponsor: Electric Bike Journal; PO Box 5184 Bend, OR 97708